Back in October I started a afghan for the up comming Dolphin Auction. For those of you who don't know what that is here is a brief description.
The Dolphin Scholarship Foundation was established in 1960 with the first scholarship of $350 awarded to John L. Haines, Jr., in June 1961. Funds were raised primarily through the tireless efforts of submarine officers' wives' organizations throughout the United States. As the cost of college education continued to skyrocket, so did the need for the Foundation to assist children of the Submarine Force. Today DSF receives individual, corporate, memorial and Combined Federal Campaign donations, as well as continued strong support from the submarine community. All donations go directly to support the scholarships. Interest and dividends from the DSF trust fund supplement these contributions for scholarships and operating expenses.
For the 2008-2009 academic year, Dolphin Scholarship Foundation will award 137 annual scholarships of $3,400 to each Dolphin Scholar. Each recipient may potentially receive a total of $13,600 for up to four years of undergraduate study. The number of new awards granted each year is determined by graduation and attrition of current Dolphin Scholars. Dolphin Scholarship Foundation is proud to have awarded over seven million dollars to almost 1000 students attending universities and colleges through the United States. Dolphin Scholarship Foundation
This is a much worthy cause. Although at this point my daughter cannot take advantage of this wonderful scholarship because she is going to be going to college hopefully with a ROTC scholarsip which makes her ineligable for the Dolphin Scholarship. But I do have 3 more youngins right behind her. So with that all said I embarked upon making a blanket for the auction. I started off with a bang and it didn't take long to be almost done. I only had around 1 to 1/2 hours left to complete this project, but do you think I could get it done....NOPE. I got the majority of it done is around 4 weeks or so. But it has taken me almost 2 months to get the last bit done. I had to get it finished because Miss Hope and I have lots of crafty things we need to get started on and I can't start one of them until I completed this project. So I sat my butt down Tuesday morning and finished the darn thing. Now it is complete and ready for the auction in March. So now let the new crafting begin. I hope that Miss Hope is ready for some serious crafting.
Here it is finally finished. I hope that it brings in big bucks for the scholarship.